Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Home thoughts...

Worrying story about John Terry allegedly charging to show visitors round the Chelsea training establishment. Mischievous if it’s made up, sickening if it’s not.

Sir Alex at it again with Fergie time against Leeds. He reminds me of my dad. He’s had his day and is getting embarrassing and is now a bit boring. But nobody likes to say anything for fear of another rant. So we just look away.

Much debate this week about the complexity of rugby union rules. Too right. It’s a black hole of bewildering whistles that even the best TV coverage fails to illuminate for the confused viewer.

I tried, I really did, to watch NFL this week and I was once as much of a fan as most sports-loving folk. But I gave up because of its predictability and sheer dullness.

The Aussies won again against Pakistan, cricket’s nearly men. What a fantastic attitude those boys have. We are never beaten should be the motto of all sports teams.


My aged mum was looking through a drawer at her house the other day and produced a picture of me playing for my pub team circa 1972. What larks! Hair all over the place. Stomachs pulled in and we weren’t bad at all. At least we were in footie kit. Dread to think what the fashions were like once we changed. Blimey, how time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a burning question? Want to leave a message? We'll get back to you Man In The Stand